There are many kinds of Gudeg when you are visiting Jogja such as Wet Gudeg, Gudeg Solo, and Dried Gudeg. Dry Gudeg often becomes gift because it is not spoiled easily and being able for 3 days. In the other hand, other kinds of Gudeg are more delicious when it is eaten directly. It is served with rice and thick squeezed coconut soup, fried chicken, egg, tofu, and fried sambal krecek. Block sugar poci tea will complete the exotic of your food. But, it doesn’t need going to Jogja to taste Gudeg. Recipe below will treat your appetite.
Gudeg Jogja Recipe
- 500 g unripe jackfruit
- 500 g fat bone
- 350 g bony chicken or scrawl
- 6 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 400 ml squeezed coconut
- 400 ml water
- 200 g brown sugar, slice thinly
- 10 laurel likes
- 10 small chilies
- Salt as necessary
- 18 cloves of garlic
- 6 onions
- 5 grains kemiri (fruits of candlenut tree)
- Clean and wash jackfruit, cut into smaller sized. Boil fat bone and bony chicken for a while in order to get softer meat.
- Mix grinded spice, squeezed coconut, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until it is mixed.
- Arrange jackfruit, fat bone, bony chicken, boiled egg, laurel like, and galangale in steamed pan.
- Pour spicy squeezed coconut into pan. Add some water until they are soaked.
- Put small chilies in the top. Take out and remove when soup is getting dry.