Lobster Cantonese Recipe
- 2 lobster tails (about 1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salted black beans, (also called fermented black beans) pounded and soaked in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped fine
- 1 scallion, chopped fine
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 to 4 cups oil for deep-frying and stir-frying
Preparation:Cut each lobster tail in half. Wash thoroughly. Drain. Cut tails into pieces 1 1/2 inches in length, leaving shells on.
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the flour on lobster.
Mix garlic with black bean mixture in a bowl. Stir well.
Heat oil for deep-frying to smoking hot. Put in lobster pieces. Deep-fry until shells are red. Drain. Remove.
Reheat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok. Stir-fry black bean mixture 30 seconds. Remove.
Reheat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok. Stir-fry ginger and scallion until there is an aroma, about 30 seconds. Add pork. Stir-fry on high heat until color changes. Add 1 tablespoon of sherry, soy sauce, black bean mixture, and stock. Bring to boil.
Add lobster to meat mixture. Add 1 tablespoon sherry. Cover. Cook 3 minutes.
Remove lid. Bring to boil. Thicken gravy with dissolved cornstarch. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add scallions. Slowly pour in beaten egg. Stir-fry about 10 seconds. Remove.