- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mayonn aise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
- Over a medium-low heat melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion to melted butter and stir until onion is soft. Add shrimp and mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes stirring often. Remove shrimp mixture from saucepan, place in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Combine flour, mayonnaise, salt, milk, and sherry in the saucepan. Mix well. Return the saucepan to the heat and cook until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce into the bowl containing the shrimp mixture. Add the spaghetti to the bowl and mix well.
- Place all ingre dients in a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish (baking pan). Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
Angel Shirmp Pasta
"A wonderful shrimp pasta that will delight your family and guests and make them think you spent the day in the kitchen to get this flavor. Good with french bread and green salad if desired."
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces jalapeno processed cheese spread
- 1 pound fresh shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine and saute onions and mushrooms; add soup and processed cheese spread and blend together.
- Add shrimp and coo k for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.
Shrimp Alfredo PAsta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a saucepan over low-temperature, heat the Alfredo sauce. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Boil shrimp in a large pot of water until they turn orange. Then place in bowl with melted butter. Let shrimp marinate for 15 to 30 minutes; remove. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the green pepper and onion in a small amount of oil.
- Mix together the cooked pasta, shrimp, pepper-onion mixture and Alfredo sauce. Season with garlic powder and cumin.